The energy and commitment of volunteers is essential for helping us succeed! There are many ways to get involved with Chicago Collegiate, including on and off site volunteer work ranging from one-time commitments to opportunities on a daily basis.
What Can I Do?
We have space for up to 8 volunteers a day, either in the morning (9-noon) or in the late afternoon (4-5pm), Monday through Thursday. Volunteers sign up in shifts of one hour; you can sign up for multiple shifts within a day or week. Specific jobs/tasks will change based on need. Please check in at the front desk upon arrival to receive your assignment.
Types of tasks you may be assigned include:
- Copying, stapling, assembling materials.
- Cleaning and organizing common spaces and storage spaces.
- Taking inventory and restocking supplies.
- Updating signage and bulletin boards.
- Upkeep of our outside spaces.
How Do I Sign Up?
We're using SignUp.com (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our school volunteers.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/yDDdXT
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots -- SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact the front desk at 773-536-9098 and a member of our Operations team can sign you up manually.
Do I Need a Background Check?
We generally follow the CPS Volunteer Policy. (Please note: We don’t require our volunteers to submit an application; that is only relevant for a traditional CPS school.) Background checks are required for Level I volunteers. For example, if you are volunteering for more than 10 hours a week, coaching a sports team or tutoring a student one-on-one, you will need to complete a background check. Please refer to the policy for details on what constitutes a Level I volunteer. If you meet this definition, contact the main office at 773-536-9098 or stop by the front desk for the background check form and instructions.
All other volunteers are Level II, and no background check is required.
If you are interested in general opportunities to dedicate your time, energy and talents to helping our students change the world, please contact email@example.com or call us at 773-536-9098.