Chicago Collegiate Charter School – a top-performing charter school on Chicago’s far South Side with a mission of ensuring that 100% of its students graduate from the college of their choice – is entering an exciting growth phase and is currently hiring for a variety of crucial school leadership, instructional, student support and administrative/operational roles for the 2017-18 school year.
Learn more about our school, our team, our results, and specific open roles below.
SCHOOL LEADERSHIP & INSTRUCTIONAL ROLES:
- Founding Elementary School Principal
- Principal in Residence
- Spanish Teacher
- Founding World Languages Department Chair
- Learning Specialist
- Paraprofessional (current IL paraprofessional certification required)
STUDENT SUPPORT ROLES:
If you are interested in a position you do not see here, please check back. As a growing school, positions are updated frequently. If you are interested in being notified when new roles become available, please email Eric Rosecrants. We would love to stay in touch.
ABOUT CHICAGO COLLEGIATE:
- Our vision is that 100% of our students will graduate from college.
- The mission of Chicago Collegiate Charter School is to equip ALL students in grades 4-12 with the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits to succeed in the college of their choice, strengthen their communities and change the world.
- Our results are among the highest in the city of Chicago:
- We are proud to have growth in the top 1% nationally for math and the top 2% nationally for reading.
- Of all charters in the city of Chicago, our school had the highest growth in math and the second highest growth in reading.
- Our students achieve on an absolute scale as well, already ranking in the top 25% for achievement in reading and top 36% for achievement in math despite only having been open for three full years. Our students are averaging at grade level despite coming in on average dramatically below.
- Reflecting these results, we were proud to have received and maintained a Level 1+ rating from Chicago Public Schools, the highest possible rating which takes into account the amount of growth students show in their time with us, their absolute performance compared to their peers nationally, and student attendance.
- Chicago Collegiate is different because we are a top-performing charter school whose social justice orientation infuses everything we do. Our school is more than a place where students go to read, write and do math every day. Our school exemplifies our fight for equity – and what and how we teach (multi-faceted views of history, critical thinking skills, nurturing independence and initiative, rigorous content that will ensure our students can compete at any university in the country) is a means to ensuring that we can upend the status quo of 2% of students in our community graduating from college, and change that number to 100%.
TO JOIN OUR TEAM, WE LOOK FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- A strong belief in the ability of our kids to achieve at the highest levels. We believe that 100% of our students can graduate from college, and we prepare them for that every day.
- A desire to get better. No matter if the teacher is a rookie or a national award winner like our founder, everyone in our building is committed to bettering and refining their practice so that we are better able to serve our students, and we also grow professionally in the process.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and team player mentality. A mission as ambitious as ours requires that everyone work together very closely, continually identify opportunities for improvement, and build on each other’s success. That can’t happen without strong collaboration, communication and trust.
We also value a demonstrated track record of success working with similar student populations, a focus on results, a strong work ethic that thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment, self-awareness, openness to feedback, grit, gratitude and a sense of humor.
In return, we offer staff members:
- Team. An inspiring team of hard-working and passionate individuals, which is focused on results and on improving every day.
- Leadership. Knowledgeable, passionate educators that lead from inside and outside the classroom to ensure our students get the education they deserve.
- Growth. Each person on our team pushes themselves and gets pushed to grow in a way that is professionally invigorating in an environment that is supportive and nurturing.
- Impact. As a growing school, there’s an incredible opportunity to leave your personal imprint on our school, whether that’s starting a club for students about something you are passionate about, or selecting novels to become a part of our literary canon.
- Opportunity. While we are just getting started with our initial site, we are eventually looking to grow into several schools and will look first for our leadership from within.
- Fun. A workplace where everyone loves what they do and has fun working together to make an incredible difference in the lives of our students.